Drudge! was first thought up by J. Pingo Lindstrom and Henrik Petterson in 1996. Since then, the beta-versions have been built upon to reach this first published version.
Drudge! was meant to be an easy game system that incorporated both table-top and role-playing in the core. For us, the most important things were:
- Easy to learn game-system.
- Fast, super-quick action and fight rules.
- Functional for any genre and setting.
- Role playing sessions possible.
- Character development between adventures.
- Generic rules for skills so new skills can easily be added.
- Six-sided dice based, for ease of transport and use.
Drudge! is different in that way that the genre does not matter. You can use Drudge! in any setting – and we even encourage you to experiment, and maybe use more than one genre (a sci-fi western, steam-punk horror – or maybe all of the above?).
Drudge! is easy to understand, and easy to build upon. But it is powerful, and it takes some serious developement to get your characters perfect.
In Drudge! you play with groups of characters – up to five characters per group. Some are basic gun-fodder (Drudges!), and some are more specialized.
It is possible to play alone (solo), or with one or more friends. Use a Game Master (GM) if needed – or run sessions without a GM.
Most is up to you!
The most important thing is: have fun!
Adventures, Campaigns and Supplements are being developed.